20 Dozen Cupcakes for swearing in ceremony!!!

Last year my oldest son ran for State Representative, I baked a lot of cupcakes during the campaign leading up to the primary, then it was on to the general election, which he won!! His swearing in ceremony was held on the house floor, which I guess is unusual. He asked for cupcakes for his staff and people that would attend the ceremony. It turned into 20 dozen since he was told he better bring in enough for all the state reps and senators, clerks, etc. Okay, that's only 240 cupcakes but I felt like I was on Cupcake Wars :)

 These are Blackout Cupcakes (recipe from www.cookiesandcups.com) with a brownie batter filling, whipped ganache icing, sprinkled with pieces of brownie and mini chocolate chips and drizzled with Ghirardelli chocolate.
Cinnamon Roll cupcakes, I do these with a french vanilla cake mix (Duncan Hines), add a french vanilla pudding (jello instant), 1 extra egg, 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 cup milk in place of oil and water. I put a good tablespoon in the cupcake liners then add about a tsp of filling. The filling is 1 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbs flour and 1 Tbs cinnamon mixed with a pastry blender or fork. Add enough batter to fill liners half to 3/4 full and bake 18 to 20 minutes at 350.
 Dark Chocolate Fudge with Suzy-q filling and ganache icing. I found the suzy-q filling recipe on the web and have made a few changes since the first time I made it. I only use Bakers Sugar, which is super fine, and the original recipe called for 1 cup of shortening, I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening but sometimes use all butter. The recipe also calls for full fat milk, I use low fat milk but I have used half and half :) depends on who I'm making them for.
 Lemon cupcakes with cream cheese filling and lemon buttercream icing.
 Devils Food cupcakes with peanut butter mousse filling, peanut butter buttercream and a wedge of Reese's peanut butter cup on top.
 Cheesecake filled pumpkin cupcakes (recipe from Rachel Ray magazine) topped with brown sugar SMBC.
 French Vanilla cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese filling.
Oatmeal Cream Pie cupcakes, brown sugar spice cake topped with Oatmeal Cream Pie frosting. I found this recipe on Beyondfrosting.com.

I also did a red velvet with cream cheese filling but can't find a pic for those.

Comments