Steve & Lauren's Wedding

The wedding is tomorrow so, hopefully, I'll have a pic of cake and cupcakes set up on a 3 tier stand at reception in a few days. For now, I'm posting separate pics, 8 dz. cupcakes and a 6 inch round cake.




French Vanilla cake, buttercream icing covered with
Wilton's vanilla fondant. I really like working with this fondant to cover cakes and make flowers but I did have a little trouble with the fondant bubbling about 15 minutes after I quit smoothing it :( I poked the bubble with a pin and smoothed some more, after doing this a few more times it was good to go. My fondant ribbon around the bottom didn't fare so well, it kept falling apart, actually stretching apart, when I put it around the cake. I finally gave up on a wider ribbon.

 Dark Chocolate Fudge cupcakes with Suzy'q filling
 Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese filling
 Caramel Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche filling and Dulce de Leche buttercream icing
Strawberry Cupcakes with fresh strawberry filling

Comments