Cupcakes for MLTAI


MLTAI is the training center in Perry, MI and this week is the last week of training until next year, hence, the reason for the cupcakes. I sent Blackout Cupcakes, you can find the recipe here, http://cookiesandcups.com/blackout-cupcakes/, French Vanilla with a Raspberry and cream cheese filling and Cinnamon Roll.

The French Vanilla and Cinnamon Roll are from a Duncan Hines cake mix that I modified. When I use a cake mix it's always Duncan Hines and I add a small box of Jello instant pudding and 1 extra egg. Sometimes I replace the water with milk and oil with real butter, scratch is always better but when you don't have time, this makes a very moist and delicious cake.

Because I wanted 2 different cupcakes from one mix, I didn't use milk or melted butter this time. I followed the box directions with the addition of pudding and an extra egg. Add your dry pudding to the dry cake mix and blend well then add the other ingredients. I used an ice cream scoop to fill 12 cupcake liners and popped those in the oven. Next I added about 1 tablespoon of batter to another 12 cupcake liners. I had already mixed 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour until it crumbled, I used a pastry blender to chop it, you can use a butter knife also. I sprinkled 1 teaspoon of this mixture into each liner and then added about 1 tablespoon more of batter. Your batter should be gone :) sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top and bake according to package directions.


I had a cinnamon roll cupcake with my coffee this morning, it was delicious!! The Blackout cupcakes have a brownie batter filling, ganache icing, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips and chunks of brownie then drizzled with caramel. The French Vanilla cupcakes are iced with buttercream and I tried to drizzle raspberry compote but it didn't really drizzle :) the Cinnamon Roll cupcakes  are iced with a cream cheese buttercream and sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar mix.

I will post the scratch recipe for the Cinnamon Roll cupcakes soon.

Comments