Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cupcakes for MLTAI


MLTAI is the training center in Perry, MI and this week is the last week of training until next year, hence, the reason for the cupcakes. I sent Blackout Cupcakes, you can find the recipe here, http://cookiesandcups.com/blackout-cupcakes/, French Vanilla with a Raspberry and cream cheese filling and Cinnamon Roll.

The French Vanilla and Cinnamon Roll are from a Duncan Hines cake mix that I modified. When I use a cake mix it's always Duncan Hines and I add a small box of Jello instant pudding and 1 extra egg. Sometimes I replace the water with milk and oil with real butter, scratch is always better but when you don't have time, this makes a very moist and delicious cake.

Because I wanted 2 different cupcakes from one mix, I didn't use milk or melted butter this time. I followed the box directions with the addition of pudding and an extra egg. Add your dry pudding to the dry cake mix and blend well then add the other ingredients. I used an ice cream scoop to fill 12 cupcake liners and popped those in the oven. Next I added about 1 tablespoon of batter to another 12 cupcake liners. I had already mixed 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour until it crumbled, I used a pastry blender to chop it, you can use a butter knife also. I sprinkled 1 teaspoon of this mixture into each liner and then added about 1 tablespoon more of batter. Your batter should be gone :) sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top and bake according to package directions.


I had a cinnamon roll cupcake with my coffee this morning, it was delicious!! The Blackout cupcakes have a brownie batter filling, ganache icing, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips and chunks of brownie then drizzled with caramel. The French Vanilla cupcakes are iced with buttercream and I tried to drizzle raspberry compote but it didn't really drizzle :) the Cinnamon Roll cupcakes  are iced with a cream cheese buttercream and sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar mix.

I will post the scratch recipe for the Cinnamon Roll cupcakes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment