Cupcake Bouquet

I did my first cupcake bouquet last week and it turned out ok, not great. Next time I will use mini cupcakes in addition to regular size to fill in the gaps. Also, I will place the bottom row of toothpics angled up slightly, I thought the bottom row of my bouquet looked like it was going to fall off.

Here's a couple of pics



















I piped the frosting on after placing the cupcakes on the ball next time I will pipe first, refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes then place on the styrofoam ball.

I picked the vase up at Joann Fabrics, on sale, and got 40% off the styrofoam ball. The vase has a 5 or 6 inch opening and the ball was the same size. I made sure the ball would sit down in the opening of the vase a little before I purchased it.

The ball held 14 cupcakes. I used regular toothpicks but will be on the lookout for longer ones in the future and, as stated above, will add maybe a half dozen minis.

Feedback, tips or questions are welcome and appreciated :)

Comments